Become a Festival Member with a minimum monthly donation of $20 or more. Your important annual contribution supports both annual Festivals, our free Children's Literacy Programs and a wide range of other activities and programs throughout the year.
2010/11 Memberships are valid from September 1, 2010 until August 31, 2011. Half-year Memberships for 2010 are now available. Each Membership ensures at least 80 more students are able to participate in our literacy programs.
Last year, thanks in large part to Festival Members and other charitable donations, we reached more than 7,000 area students.
Festival Members are rewarded with:
- Free access to an entire year of programming - that includes access to the 2010 Fall Edition, the 2011 Spring Edition, PLUS all our year-round events including special events which are not open to the public.
- Front of the line: Be the first to know what's coming up and no need to wait in line for tickets ever again.
- Reserved Seating: Call ahead for exclusive reserved seating for you and your guests at any Festival event. Give us at least 48 hours notice, and we'll guarantee you one of the best seats in the house!
- 10% off book purchases during the Festivals and at Collected Works.
- Special invitations to exclusive events, receptions and celebrations.
(Including Annabel Lyon on February 7th.)
To become a Festival Member, please email Leslie Wilson or call us at (613) 562-1243. You can also sign up for membership using our online Membership Form.
For each additional Member you refer, we are pleased to thank you with two free tickets for the event(s) of your choice - for you to use or to give to family and friends.
The Ottawa International Writers Festival is a registered charity. Your tax-refundable donations support our children's literacy programs, community outreach and our year-round programming! To make a donation, click the button below or call 613-562-1243.
Become a Volunteer
The Festival is always looking for dynamic people with a little or a lot of time to give. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please email Leslie Wilson or call us at (613) 562-1243.
The Ottawa International Writers Festival, Spring and Fall Editions, and STEP INTO STORIES are not-for-profit events. As such, we are very grateful for the much needed support of our local, national and international sponsors. These sponsors join us in celebrating community, freedom of speech and literacy. Please take a moment to see who supports culture and education in our community.
Potential corporate sponsors are warmly invited to discuss a wide range of opportunities with the Ottawa International Writers Festival Spring and Fall Editions, Think Ink/Step Into Stories: Ottawa's Festival For Young Readers as well as a number of ongoing literacy and social inclusion initiatives. For information on becoming a sponsor of a Oneness-World event or program, email Sean Wilson, Artistic Director.
Email List Sign-Up
Would you like to stay informed about upcoming events? Email Sean Wilson, Artistic Director and let him know you want to sign up for email updates throughout the year. We do not sell or trade our email list, so you'll get the inside scoop on all our events and never get unwanted emails!