Your important charitable contribution supports both annual Festivals, our free Children's Literacy Programs and a wide range of other activities and programs throughout the year. Tax-creditable receipts will be issued for the full Patronship amount less $20.
Patronships are available for half-year ($150) or full year increments ($300).
Children are the future and we are Learning from the Future at the Republic of Childhood.
To celebrate the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child the Republic of Childhood continues to encourage children and youth to take the lead and claim their places in the conversations and initiatives that affect their lives.
Children and Youth are front and centre, showcasing their writing from school and public library workshops and sharing their hopes and concerns for the future.
The Republic of Childhood is a direct response from teachers, parents, librarians and of course kids themselves for a more intensive writing experience where kids would be front and centre in the delivery of books, stories and the writing life in general.
Festival Patrons are rewarded with:
• 10% off purchases of featured books from Perfect Books. During virtual events, this only applies to the most recent titles from featured authors. Order your books in advance and receive an option for a personalized autographed copy!
• Free access to the majority of our programming - including access to the Spring and Fall 2022 Editions, PLUS our year-round events (except for Literary Luncheons and other food events & workshops).
• Front of the line: Be the first to know what's coming up and no need to wait in line for tickets ever again.
• Reserved Seating: Call ahead for exclusive reserved seating for you and your guests at any Festival event. Give us at least 48 hours notice, and we'll guarantee you one of the best seats in the house! - upon return to live events
• Special invitations to exclusive events, receptions and celebrations - upon return to live events
And a tax receipt!
To become a Festival Patron, please sign up for our patronage program using our online Patron Portal. https://writersfestival.org/sign-in.
For each additional Festival Patron you refer, we are pleased to thank you with two free tickets for the event(s) of your choice!
Donations of $500 or more help us cover costs for your favourite author. It’s a great way to get involved, to support the Festival and an author of your choice!
Author Patrons can be individuals, businesses, or groups such as book clubs or writing groups.
Last year, thanks in large part to individual donations, more than 5,000 area children were able to participate in our free Children’s Literacy Programs! You can support the Festival by becoming a Festival Patron, Author Patron or Corporate Sponsor.
As an Author Patron, you will receive - upon return to live events:
• a reserved front-row seat for your author’s event
• a signed complimentary copy of your author’s featured book
• an opportunity to meet and have your picture taken with your author
• your name listed on the Festival website
• a charitable donation receipt
• and a warm thank you!
To find out more about adopting an author, please call us at 613-562-1243 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ottawa International Writers Festival is a registered charity. Your tax-refundable donations support our children's literacy programs, community outreach and our year-round programming! (Charitable # 86830 7778 RR0001)
It's easy to add a donation to any online ticket purchase. If that is not convenient, please give us a call at 613-562-1243.