Become a Festival Patron with a minimum monthly donation of $25 or more. Your important annual contribution supports both annual Festivals, our free Children's Literacy Programs and a wide range of other activities and programs throughout the year. For monthly payment options for our annual or semi-annual Festival Patron program please contact Leslie Wilson at 613 562-1243 or email@example.com.
Half-Year contribution, $150, are valid until August 31, 2021. Full - Year contribution, $300, valid Sept. 1, 2021 to Aug. 31, 2022 will be on sale summer 2021. Each Full-Year Festival Patron ensures at least 80 more students are able to participate in our literacy programs.
Children are the future and we are Learning from the Future at the Republic of Childhood.
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child the Republic of Childhood convened an international forum on November 20, 21, and 22 at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre.
Children and Youth were front and centre during the forum showcasing their writing from the school and public library workshops and sharing their hopes and concerns for the future. The young writers interacted in public panels with teachers and experts in the field of pedagogy and social change.
The Republic of Childhood is a direct response from teachers, parents, librarians and of course kids themselves for a more intensive writing experience where kids would be front and centre in the delivery of books, stories and the writing life in general.
Festival Patrons are rewarded with:
• 10% off purchases of featured books from Perfect Books. During virtual events, this only applies to the most recent titles from featured authors. Order your books in advance and receive an option for a personalized autographed copy!
• Free access to the majority of our programming - including access to the Spring and Fall 2022 Editions, PLUS our year-round events (except for Literary Luncheons and other food events & workshops).
• Front of the line: Be the first to know what's coming up and no need to wait in line for tickets ever again.
• Reserved Seating: Call ahead for exclusive reserved seating for you and your guests at any Festival event. Give us at least 48 hours notice, and we'll guarantee you one of the best seats in the house! - upon return to live events
• Special invitations to exclusive events, receptions and celebrations - upon returrn to live events
And a tax receipt!
For each additional Festival Patron you refer, we are pleased to thank you with two free tickets for the event(s) of your choice!
Donations of $500 or more help us cover costs for your favourite author. It’s a great way to get involved, to support the Festival and an author of your choice!
Author Patrons can be individuals, businesses, or groups such as book clubs or writing groups.
Last year, thanks in large part to individual donations, more than 5,000 area children were able to participate in our free Children’s Literacy Programs! You can support the Festival by becoming a Festival Patron, Author Patron or Corporate Sponsor.
As an Author Patron, you will receive - upon return to live events:
• a reserved front-row seat for your author’s event
• a signed complimentary copy of your author’s featured book
• an opportunity to meet and have your picture taken with your author
• your name listed on the Festival website
• a charitable donation receipt
• and a warm thank you!
To find out more about adopting an author, please call us at 613-562-1243 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ottawa International Writers Festival is a registered charity. Your tax-refundable donations support our children's literacy programs, community outreach and our year-round programming! (Charitable # 86830 7778 RR0001)
It's easy to add a donation to any online ticket purchase. If that is not convenient, please give us a call at 613-562-1243.